Sunday, May 16, 2010

PREPARATION!

Who knew getting ready for the salon bday party would be such a huge ordeal? Friday I headed to zurchers to get balloons. I wanted to get a bunch of those huge oversized ones until I saw they were $16 each. Hm regular balloons it is! I shoved them in my car and was going to run a few more errands until I realized I couldn't see out my rearview mirror!






Butterflies were cut out and new awnings were put up in the knick of time!



Beautiful!




Then I thought I would be so smart and save a ton of money by making cupcakes myself. I always take on huge projects like this thinking it will take a couple hours and I'll be done. Well I started around 630pm and 3 million cupcakes later I was done after midnight....so much for quick.


It was a lot of preparation but it was a fun successful day and was definitely worth it! I have lots of cupcakes left over anyone interested?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

SO CUTE! Looks like you put tons of time into that! Wish I could have been there!

HE + SHE = WE said...

Hope it was a success! So sad i missed the festivities, yesterday we did engagments and got lost in the day.. happy 1 year!!

Sara said...

Yeah!! Congrats on your first year!

Jessie said...

i wanted to come really bad to your little bday party...but we were up in layton with danny's fam. looks like a blast though :)

Jen Carter said...

Haha that picture with the baloons is HILARIOUS! I love it! Congrats!

Holly said...

What pretty awnings! I'm so sad we missed out! Hope it went well and you got some rest when it was all over!

Roney Family said...

Wow, that looks so awesome. I hope we are able to come check out the Salon. We still havent seen it. Love the pictures.